After days of speculation, comments, and public debate, the owner of Stone Soup American Bistro & Beer Garden has now spoken directly.

In a phone interview with TVOTT Hillbilly News on April 27, 2026, at 8:48 AM, Robert Cirillo identified himself as the individual shown in the viral kitchen video that has been circulating online.

Cirillo, who identified himself as both owner and chef, addressed the situation directly.

It was me. Did I make the right decision? No,” he said.


📌 What Happened in the Video

According to Cirillo, the situation involved a medical issue related to ongoing back pain.

He explained that he had been wearing an IcyHot patch earlier in the day, which shifted out of place while he was working.

It slid down and I tried to reapply it and make sure it was on my sciatic nerve” he said.

He acknowledged that handling the situation in that environment was a mistake.

My mistake. I should’ve stepped out of the kitchen, but it was busy.


📌 Food Handling & Sanitation

One of the biggest concerns raised by viewers was food safety.

Cirillo addressed that directly, stating that:

He was not actively preparing food at that moment

Cooking had already been completed in that area

He washed his hands before and after

I definitely washed my hands before and after touching anything,” he said, noting the kitchen has multiple hand-washing stations.

He also emphasized that the video does not show full context.

It doesn’t show full context.”


📌 Experience & Record

Cirillo pointed to his background and track record in the industry.

I’ve been a chef for 20 years. I know I made a mistake, and I take responsibility for that.

He also referenced public health inspections, stating that his business maintains a strong record.


👉 Public inspection records can be viewed here:

https://data.timestelegram.com/restaurant-inspections/herkimer/amici-wine-bistro-dba-mungers-1918/1173057/


📌 Timeline Provided

Cirillo stated the video was recorded around:

👉 Late September to mid-October

He also stated:

It occurred during business hours

He left the kitchen area after the incident


📌 On the Video Surfacing Now

When asked why the video is only now appearing publicly, Cirillo said he believes it may be tied to a former employee.

He also stated he was not aware the video existed until recently.

👉 This belief has not been independently verified.


📌 About the Video

The video referenced in this report has been circulating publicly online.

👉 The original source, full context, and timeline of the video have not been independently verified.


📌 Final Words

Cirillo closed by acknowledging the situation and addressing the community directly.

I made a mistake, and I take responsibility for it.”

He also expressed hope for continued support from the community moving forward.


📌 Where Things Stand

What has been stated by the owner:

He identifies himself as the individual in the video

He provided an explanation of the situation

He acknowledged poor judgment

He stated sanitation procedures were followed

What remains unverified or under review:

The original source of the video

Full context surrounding the footage

Claims made by third parties

At the end of the day, the facts being presented come directly from the individual involved, while other aspects remain under review.

TVOTT Hillbilly News will continue to follow this story as more verified information becomes available.


Keep This Platform Alive We don’t have corporate money behind us. No big sponsors pulling strings. Just real news, real people, and a whole lot of grind. If you respect what we’re doing and want it to keep going, consider supporting us. Even a dollar helps keep the lights on and the stories flowing. Cash App: $tvotthillbillynews Or support us through the website If you can’t tip, sharing our posts helps just as much. This platform exists because of you. Period.